Do you perform High Risk Construction Work?
Check each of the following to determine if you do ‘High risk construction work’:
- Work performed where a person could fall more than 3 metres.
- Work performed below ground (in a trench) deeper than 1.5m or in a Tunnel.
- Work performed with powered mobile plant (e.g. bobcat).
- Work performed with or near hazardous substances.
- Work will be performed in a confined space.
- Work performed on or near energised electrical services (e.g. electricity or gas).
- Work performed on or near gas main, chemical, fuel or refrigerant lines.
- Work involves, or is likely to involve, the disturbance of asbestos.
- Work involves tilt-up or pre-cast concrete sections.
- Work involves demolition of an element of a structure that is load-bearing or otherwise related to the physical integrity of the structure.
- Work involves structural alterations or repairs that require temporary support to prevent collapse.
- Work on, in or adjacent to a road, railway, shipping lane or other traffic corridor that is in use by traffic other than pedestrians.
- Work performed in artificial extremes of temperature (e.g. hot or cold).
- Work performed on a telecommunication tower.
- Work involves the use of explosives.
- Work performed by 1 person, isolated from other workers.
- Work in an area that may have a contaminated or flammable atmosphere
- Work in or near water or other liquid that involves a risk of drowning.