Under the Work Health and Safety laws, employers have a duty to provide a safe working environment for workers, that includes identifying risks and implementing control measures to reduce potential harm.
Within the current climate, exposure to COVID-19 is considered a risk, as death may result.
PCBU’s must therefore do everything reasonably practicable to keep workers safe.
Control measures to reduce the risk of infection may include:
- Maintaining Worker and site hygiene
- Social / physical distancing
- Keeping workers up to date on COVID-19 information
- Providing adequate facilities and equipment for workers
- Maintaining a safe working environment
It is the responsibility of all employers and site personnel to minimise the spread of COVID-19, alongside the usual site safety measures.
To assist Principal Contractors, SiteBook is providing a free SWMS for COVID-19, and a COVID-19 Procedures Guide for Construction Workers.
Please make use of the following information, and ensure that all site personnel are conducting their work as safely as possible.