Congratulations, you have made it this far!
Here are the recommended steps for getting started with SiteBook :
Step 1 : Setup SiteBook for your Business
Sign-in to SiteBook and setup/review the following items:
- Review your email templates
- Enter your Staff or Employees
- Enter your Contractors, then email them to collect their business details.
- Setup your first work site
Step 2 : Provide Site Managers with a Tablet device
Your Site Managers will need to access documents and safety information in SiteBook, on-site.
The best way to achieve this is to use a tablet device e.g. iPad, or Samsung galaxy, with a built in Telstra broadband mobile internet (SIMM card). Contact your mobile phone provider for this.
Step 3 : Train your Staff
Your Site Managers and administration staff should be trained in both:
- the new WHS Regulations, and
- how to use SiteBook.
There are two ways to train your staff :
- Read the SiteBook User Guides here and the "Guide to Safety in construction", and/or
- Engage a SiteBook representative to give your staff training, at your office (highly recommended)
please refer to the pricing pages to review the costs associated with training.
Step 4 : Inform your Subcontractors
It's best to tell your subcontractors that you are going to use SiteBook to manage the Safety requirements of your work site. You can write your own letter/email , or you can download our template document from here :
Letter to subcontractors.docx
Just replace "Company_Name" with your company name, add your company logo/letter head, and then email or post it to your subcontractors.
Step 5 : Subcontractor Information Session
We have found that most subcontractors have little or no knowledge of the new Work Health & Safety regulations, so they need to be told about the new laws, and how to avoid the new on-the-spot fines.
Contact us to book in a Safety Adviser to visit your work place and deliver a 1 hour presentation to your subcontractors, with handouts. There is a fee for this service.
The information session includes:
- Information about the new WHS regulations
- Information about the documents that subcontractors must prepare & carry
- A handout: "Safety checklist for subcontractors"
- A handout : "What Can I get Fined for?"
- A demonstration on how to use SiteBook to provide Safety information to the builder
- Questions and Answers session
- One-on one questions and answers with the Safety Adviser (for 30 minutes after the session)
Usually the tradies want to know if they need Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS).
That's It! Now lets get moving.....