The Northern Territory Legislative Assembly has amended the Return to Work Act 1986 and Return to Work Regulations 1986.
This Amendment reverses a number of changes made to the legislation in 2015, and plans to improve the operation of the NT Workers Compensation Scheme.
The Act will commence this month on the 29th of July, as fixed by NT’s Government Gazette.
Included in the changes are:
- New meanings for worker for the purposes of workers compensation coverage
- The reinstatement of ‘journey claims’
- New sections defining ‘Labour Hire Arrangement’ and ‘Provider of labour hire services’
- New language to help ensure the employer/insurer can’t avoid liability for ‘proposed treatment’
- New detailing of the definition of a ‘catastrophic injury’